Monday, 21 July 2014

A Day At The Beach

Hello again, It feels as if its been quite a while since my last post, but I suppose not.
I always like being nosy and looking through other peoples interesting trips and experiences, so I thought that I would share my little spur- of - the - moment trip to Skegness beach.

Its been a long time since I last went to a beach in the UK, and the decision was a little random if i'm honest, I just really fancied a change of scenery! After scouring the internet for a day trip coach deal to the beach, I came across a 'Harry Shaw' coach deal that would cost just £30 return, leaving from a bus station near me, directly to Skegness beach. I hadn't really thought the whole thing through, and I just didn't expect it to actually happen, but after a long phone call to one of my best friends Asia, she agreed to join me, and we booked the trip for just two days away. (which was now last Sunday.)

So, This was it! We were going to Skegness! It seemed like a bit of an adventure really, Just me and Asia going on our own, We had never done anything like this on our own before, but I'm kind of trying this new thing where I say 'yes' to all opportunities, so this seemed like a good time to put this into practice, and I can honestly say, i'm so glad I went!

Here are some photos from our trip, Even though the weather wasn't the sunniest,
 it was quite warm, and still a great day! (Brace yourselves for some horrendous selfies)

(Dress-Topshop, Jacket-Bay)


Feeeeeeeeeeeet.


How pretty are these shells that we found on the beach? There were loads :)


Not sure quite what i'm doing in this one, but funny all the same :D



Skegness Pier


Skegness beach is soooo long!


You will have to excuse the mad hair, -It had just rained and the sea/ Beach air made my hair go crazy!


I wasn't aware that this photo was taken!


Asia looking B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l


Wow, I have no explanation for this one :o


'Pleasure Beach'


Feeeeeeeet 


Asia again :)


Idyllic, don't you agree?


As horrific as some of these selfies are, I feel like they truly show how happy this day made me, and I'm always going to love looking back on these pictures and remembering the happiness and the positivity that  the whole day brought. This day reminded me of how much a change of scenery now and again is necessary, and I hope that this encourages everyone reading to say 'yes' to positive opportunities, and to remember to appreciate the little things in life, because they really do add up. :)

Carris x

29 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment on my post, we both have had lovely days at the beach is seems! I LOVE the shells! I can never find any on my beach :(


    xx Hayley-Eszti
    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e welcome, and thankyou! Yes it does, and I know, I didnt expect to find any shells in Skegness! xx

      Delete
  2. You are so pretty and I love your blog!! L xxx
    www.lorneee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! You're so lovely! xxx

      Delete
  3. I wish I could be this spontaneous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could, this was a little out of character for me too x

      Delete
    2. I'll give it a go sometime.

      I nominated your blog for the Liebster Awards. You can go to my blog for the rules Goodluck :)

      pricelesswilkie.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a really awesome day! I really don't like the beach, even though I live in a beach town haha. Maybe I will attempt to go.

    briannaly xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It was, But since I live nowhere near one, I think that the beach is a little bit of a novelty for me! Maybe not for everyone though :) x

      Delete
  6. Hi, I know this is nothing to do with your post but I really like your blog, so I've nominated you for the Liebster award. check out this post for details
    http://heavenlyrebs.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award-tag.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! That is so lovely of you!xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Cazzie! Your pictures make me want to go to the beach! Thanks for the reminder to appreciate the little things because they matter too! =)

    I'm Amadea, and I'm a blogger too! Come visit mine at misskristani.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) I love the beach! Youre welcome and thankyou!! sure thing xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post, hurray for SprinkleOfGlitter's new blog post and my nosing through comments :) I really liked this and can't wait to see what else you have to offer.

    Amazzable xox

    Please feel free to check out my blog:
    rawramazzable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes hooray!! Thankyou and I sure will! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Cute pictures,you look lovely too.Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely Pictures ....Looks like you had a really fun day <3


    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, it was a fun day indeed! <3

      Delete
  11. There's nothing quite like spur of the moment plans like this! Lovely idea to both pop to the beach for the day!

    www.foodfashfit.com / Read my latest post here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!
    Just to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Go over to my blog here - http://karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award.html to check out the post I made and find out more about it. Also, I love your blog :)
    Karis xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I think your blog is so so amazing! You should definitely do it!!

    http://thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beach looks nice, I like your pink sandals.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pics :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, I always read and reply :)