Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Nail Art...That Everyone Can Do!

Hello again! Having broke up from school already, I've found myself with a lot more time than i'm use to, meaning that sometimes I can be very bored. After seeing numerous tweets about my friends getting their nails done, I decided that I would paint my nails. I wanted my nails to look like I'd had them done, however I wasn't willing to splash the cash on nail art that was just going to last a couple of days, So I came to the compromise of doing them myself, but using 'nail gelly' by Barry M in hope that it would last longer. So here are my pink and green 'Pinterest Inspired' nails!


I used a pink Barry M gelly in the colour 'Rose Hip'  and a mint green colour called 'Sugar Apple', but you could obviously use any colour, and whatever polish you like. These nails could also look really nice in three colours.

The first thing that I did was paint two coats of the pink colour on each nail, except the one next to my thumb nail, which I painted in the mint green colour.

When they had all dried, I painted three stripes of the mint green colour across my thumb nail, I didn't intend for them to be this thick, however the brush that comes with this polish is quite thick, so thick stripes were the result. I was fairly pleased with them so Just left them as they were, however you could go over any mistakes of things you were not keen on with the pink polish to cancel out the green.

I just left the next nail as it was,- Mint green coloured, but you could do something funky with it! :)

The next nail is probably the most complicated- but still pretty simple. You will need a normal pin, and a pencil with a rubber on the end. Simply push the pin into the rubber on the top of the pencil, but leave about 1mm sticking out. The flat head on the top of the pin will now be sticking out of the rubber on the pencil, and will make the perfect stamp for polka- dots on your nail! Holding the pencil, dip the head of the pin into the polish and dot it onto the nail, it should stamp right on. :)

For the next nail, I really simply swiped the Green polish across my nail on a diagonal, and then  filled in half of it as you would if you were normally painting your nails.

For the last one, I simply painted a swipe of green polish across the top of my nail, - like a french tip, and then I did the same with the other hand, and voila! An easy set of very Pinterest nails!  Trust me, if I can do them, You can do them too!

Carris x

27 comments:

  1. The pastels are gorgeous! especially for this time of the year. I'm usually not so good at nail art and need a lot of TIPS on how to NAIL the look, But this seems pretty simple! (I hope you enjoyed my response of puns!)
    Much Love, AnnCates xx
    anncates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thankyou! I'm not so good either, if i can do this, i bet you can too! xxx

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous nail art! Loving the pastels for the summer. The polka dot nail is so cute. Never thought of that way to do the dots!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! And i know, its really easy! xx

      Delete
  3. Amazing blog post :)




    doing a giveaway on my blog don't miss out http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/


    jade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! It's so cool that we have the same name! I love your blog, it is amazing! So excited for future posts! I followed you on bloglovin :) Thanks!
    http://karisatkinson.blospot.co.uk
    Karis x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! We seem to have quite a lot in common! If you want to chat sometime that would be cool, let me know :) Thankyou so much! xx

      Delete
  5. That is a great post and I love the colour of the nailpolishes. Great job.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I wish we had Barry M in the states <3

    xx
    ariellelouisee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, but you have so many other good brands! so jealous that you're from the US! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love this design and the colours are very summery.

    lorrieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post xx

    Let's keep in touch? Follow for follow?

    Laura Macij
    http://www.lauramacij.com/2014/07/interview-for-panele-magazine.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful nail artwork! I love the color combination and the shapes you created! so unique :)
    I invite you to visit my blog and let me know if you would like to follow each other to stay in touch.
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I'll check it out now xxx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. Such lovely colours! Great blog post.

    Dahlia xox
    http://summerintrigue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have totally inspired me to my nails in a new and unique way. I've never really been into painting my nails, but lately I've been trying to make more of an effort. I find that the process can be very relaxing.

    -Helen Grace

    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, and yes, they can be a bit of a chore. x

      Delete
  13. I love that look! For some reason it reminds me of Zoella, don't know why. Probably the colors. I'm going to hunt those down. Thanks for a great tutorial XD

    www.girlattitudes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! and yes it seems like something she would wear xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, I always read and reply :)