Monday, 23 March 2015

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review




For years now, i've struggled with foundations. I tend to go for a very natural make-up look, however Sometimes my make-up look is so natural, that it looks like I am wearing nothing on my face atall, -now this might be how you like it but if I am spending time on my appearance at 6:30 am, I'd quite like it to be noticeable! Anyway, i'd tried various foundations, serums and bb creams but never found one with just the right amount of coverage that didn't make my skin too dry, -until now!



I'd been eyeing up this product for a while now, i'd seen youtubers and bloggers using it, and I read up that it was the best foundation for dry skin, so I gave in to temptation and popped into selfridges. 

I purchased the foundation in the colour Light 2, 'Mont Blanc' which is the most perfect colour for me that i've ever found, I am so pleased with it, though if you intend to invest in this, at £31, I would suggest you get colour tested instore first as at this price you really don't want to buy the wrong colour! £31 was a little out of budget but I was willing to pay it for a product that I really loved.

This foundation is medium to full coverage on me, I don't use it on school days however I use it daily on weekends/in holidays and on nights out. I tend to combine it with a fairly light coverage concealer such as the Rimmel Wake me up, and I love the dewy but natural finish that this product provides, -I think this is why I love it for dry skin. It's not too heavy and stays well with a good primer, i'd say its a comfortable foundation to wear.

Its an easy product to apply, I've tried applying with my fingers and the beauty blender, but I think it applies best with a buffing brush (I use the RT's) I wouldn't suggest using this if you were short on time however as it can take a little longer to buff in than a thinner foundation. The only fault is that I don't have a pump, everywhere was sold out! I love the luxorious packaging too, it feels very chic! Well done, NARS! Now just get the pump problem sorted!

Have you tried any high end foundations?
Carris x

23 comments:

  1. You'd think for such an expensive foundation, it would come with a pump instead of having to buy it separately! I love that the shade range is so huge, theres definitely something for everyone. Its my favorite too, I love the satin finish!

    becky / star violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tempted!! but I do have combination skin so not sure whether to get Nars or Mac? I need to do more research :) Such a good idea though to use when you want to look your best as I think it would be too expensive for me to use for school when it doesn't matter what I look like :') Thanks so much for this, was really helpful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I see because my skin is very dry. Thanks honey xxx

      Delete
  3. I really like this foundation, I also love MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Clinique Even Better foundations :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try them, thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm yet to try NARS foundation
    I'm usually a MAC person but you said about the dry skin which is something I definitely need help with
    xx

    Garland Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like it could be a good product for you too :) xx

      Delete
  5. Heard alot of good things about nars foundation

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really lives up to them :) x

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about this, I'll soon cave in and give up fighting the urge to buy this! Definitely seems worth it! Lovely post :) x

    Karis,
    karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, its only a matter of time :) Thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  7. Great post
    Would you like to follow each other ? I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Yeah, its quite a popular foundation I think :) x

      Delete
  9. Liked your post but somehow bit confused about foundations ... but II'll try this for sure
    Follow you on G connect and bloglovin, hope you follow back..
    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it can be tricky to find the perfect one x

      Delete
  10. I have been reading amazing reviews on this foundation and I believe the pump is sold separately which something that I dislike. It felt like Nars are trying every single way to get more money out of they customers. What is wrong with providing a pump and why must it be sold separately. Neverthe less, it doesn't change the fact this foundation is brilliant and I look forward to trying it myself.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, its quite ridiculous isn't it? Like you say, still a great product though and I guess a pump is only a few pounds. Thanks for your comment! x

      Delete
  11. I've been eyeing this up for a while because everyone's been raving about it so I might give it a go now. Really lovely post
    http://izzygrace1.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so tempted to try this one out! I have a liquid foundation but it's a Mary Kay one so I obviously need to order it instead of buying in department stores. It's kind of a hassle but I really like it bec I can also apply it using my fingers and it has spf! :) I apply it after applying my Mary Kay CC cream that I also love using. xx

    Roxanne ♥ | Awkward Turtle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, I always read and reply :)