Hey! As you know I've been loving my NARS Sheer Glow foundation recently, but as I said, I don't use it on an every day basis and with the weather getting hotter, I've been enjoying a much lighter base. The past few months I've been trying out a few different products and wanted to share with you my opinion on each of them, -good or bad. So here goes!
No7 Essentially Natural Foundation
1. Colour - I wear the colour 'Calico' and its the perfect shade for me, No7 actually do a 'colour match test' instore which is really helpful to find the right shade.
The description of this product is lightweight/medium coverage, however I would call it lightweight, its a very naturally finish and is suitable for all skin types. The formula is so light that I just apply it and rub it in with my fingers.
3. Price - £9.99 Boots, I think this is a reasonable price as the product is long lasting and effective.
Overall- This is my personal favourite because its the most natural looking of the products and I've repurchased this so many times, I think if you're just getting into make up this would be the perfect first 'foundation'.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
1. Colour- '53 Vanilla' a similar colour to the No7 product but a little bit darker, If I were to repurchase I might try a lighter shade.
2. Formula- A thicker consistency than the No7 product but more moisturizing with a dewy finish, I usually use a brush or beauty blender with this one.
3. Price - £10.99, an okay price, to me this seems a little much for this product as Its not my favourite choice of the three.
Overall - A good product, especially for correcting uneven skin tone, however I won't re-purchase this because I have found products that I prefer, I think its a thicker consistency because it a 'serum' which could be good for normal skin/combination skin.
The Body Shop - All-In-One BB Cream
1. Colour- I wear the shade 00 as the woman in the shop suggested I used, the product comes out white like a cream but the colour develops as you rub it in.
2. Formula - As the colour develops when you rub it in, as soon as you start to rub it in the product begins to set and it can be very difficult to blend after its set, leaving an orange residue on your skin. I actually do like this product if you rub it in quick enough!
Overall- Usually this is a nice product, however I now feel conscious of orange-ness, I think if you have oily skin this would be the perfect product for you because it tends to cling to dry skin a little, -maybe that's why the orange-ness??
Quite a long post today, but thanks for reading guys! I wanted to show swatches but all three of the products looked pretty much the same on camera, so there wasn't really much point. Leave me a comment of your favourite summer base, i'd love to find some more good ones!
Thanks again for reading lovelies!