Saturday, 25 April 2015

Lightweight Foundations & BB Creams

Hey! As you know I've been loving my NARS Sheer Glow foundation recently, but as I said, I don't use it on an every day basis and with the weather getting hotter, I've been enjoying a much lighter base. The past few months I've been trying out a few different products and wanted to share with you my opinion on each of them, -good or bad. So here goes!


  No7 Essentially Natural Foundation 

1. Colour - I wear the colour 'Calico' and its the perfect shade for me, No7 actually do a 'colour match test' instore which is really helpful to find the right shade. 

2. Formula
The description of this product is lightweight/medium coverage, however I would call it lightweight, its a very naturally finish and is suitable for all skin types. The formula is so light that I just apply it and rub it in with my fingers.

3. Price - £9.99 Boots, I think this is a reasonable price as the product is long lasting and effective.

Overall- This is my personal favourite because its the most natural looking of the products and I've repurchased this so many times, I think if you're just getting into make up this would be the perfect first 'foundation'.



Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

1. Colour- '53 Vanilla' a similar colour to the No7 product but a little bit darker, If I were to repurchase I might try a lighter shade.

2. Formula- A thicker consistency than the No7 product but more moisturizing with a dewy finish, I usually use a brush or beauty blender with this one.

3. Price - £10.99, an okay price, to me this seems a little much for this product as Its not my favourite choice of the three.

Overall - A good product, especially for correcting uneven skin tone, however I won't re-purchase this because I have found products that I prefer, I think its a thicker consistency because it a 'serum' which could be good for normal skin/combination skin.



The Body Shop - All-In-One BB Cream

1. Colour-  I wear the shade 00 as the woman in the shop suggested I used, the product comes out white like a cream but the colour develops as you rub it in.

2. Formula - As the colour develops when you rub it in, as soon as you start to rub it in the product begins to set and it can be very difficult to blend after its set, leaving an orange residue on your skin. I actually do like this product if you rub it in quick enough!

3.Price- £12.99

Overall-  Usually this is a nice product, however I now feel conscious of orange-ness, I think if you have oily skin this would be the perfect product for you because it tends to cling to dry skin a little, -maybe that's why the orange-ness??


Quite a long post today, but thanks for reading guys! I wanted to show swatches but all three of the products looked pretty much the same on camera, so there wasn't really much point. Leave me a comment of your favourite summer base, i'd love to find some more good ones!

Thanks again for reading lovelies! 
Carris x





27 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I haven't tried any products from No7, but I've heard really great things!!

    I'm doing a giveaway over on my blog, it'd be awesome if you went and checked it out :)
    whitnibble.blogspot.com I Naked Basics Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like No7 actually, and will do! x

      Delete
  2. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear which as you can imagine is not ideal for warmer weather haha, so will definitely be checking out a few of these as a summer alternative! Thanks for the suggestions :)

    Alex
    efflorescentdream.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, yeah I always llke something lighter for the summer x

      Delete
  3. amazing post !!!

    lovely blog you have here



    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm new to blogger and I just came across your blog! :) You seem like a really nice person and you're really pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely thing to say, Thankyou so much! You should leave a link to your blog so I can look! Xx

      Delete
    2. here's a link! thanks for checking my blog out! xx http://clauds-thoughts.blogspot.ca

      Delete
  5. I find that foundation in general doesn't compliment my skin, so I stick to a high coverage concealer and BB Cream. This post is amazing, thank you so much - as always! :) x

    Karis // karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment! Find myself checking your blog regularly recently­čśä xx

      Delete
  6. i really need to try these!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bourjois Healthy Mix works so well for me - it's been a real lifesaver because so many foundations just haven't suited my skin or caused breakouts!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. never tried any of these but great post x
    Much Love | Trillu.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when BB cream was so hyped back then, and then CC cream came out. I wanted to try using BB cream so bad but then I decided to use CC cream instead. Since I really like The Body Shop though and my Cc cream is running out, I think I'm gonna try this one next time! :) Thank you so much for sharing us this product reviews! I like your blog and your posts so I followed you on Bloglovin. I would really appreciate it if you would follow me too! xx

    Roxanne ♥ | Awkward Turtle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to try a CC cream actually. Thanks for commenting! :) xx

      Delete
  10. The No7 one definitely sounds like the best out of these three. I really like the tea tree BB cream from The Body Shop, it's so light and sinks into the skin so easily!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've heard about tea tree's benefits for the skin so that could be an interesting one to try! xx

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the great review! I always try to use foundations or bb creams or even concealer but somehow everything breaks me out, even things that claim to be natural.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, have you asked in the body shop or lush? they have a lot of all natural products so maybe they could help you find something that would work? I'm sure you're beautiful and dont need anything like that anyway xx

      Delete
  12. i agree some foundation prices can be a little steep but if theyre good they are worth it in the end :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just to let you know, I've nominated you for the Creative Blogger Award right here http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/05/the-creative-blogger-award/
    Have a lovely day! Amanda x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, it'll be up tomorrow! :) xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, I always read and reply :)