Monday, 29 June 2015

DIY: Fun Piñata Celebration Cake!


Hey everyone, boy has it been long since I did a baking post! I made this novelty cake for my friends birthday last week and it was a hit, everyone loved it but they were all so confused as to how the smarties got inside the cake, and actually it was very easy! I thought i'd share this with you all as it's a bit of fun, great for loads of occasions and i've seen it all over the internet, so here you go.


So, the cake needs to be made up of three parts, or three cakes of equal sizes (I used a very simple recipe of 250g of butter, sugar, flour and 4 eggs). You are then going to need to cut a hole in the centre of two of the cakes using a cookie cutter in the size of your choice.


Stack the two cakes with a hole in the middle and use jam or buttercream to secure them, and then fill the hole with smarties or your desired sweets (don't overfill of you may burst the cake!) next layer more jam on top and stack your final cake to finish.


I just piped simple pink buttercream in swirls to decorate my cake but you could use whatever you wanted and voila! There you have it, your very own cake that looks much more complicated than it is, so let me know if you try it, or if you have any other suggestions for fun cakes that I should try out! 
Thanks for reading!

Carris xx

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! It makes me happy just to look at it, I'll definitely have to try it out. Only I don't think I can decorate it as beautifully :)

    www.moderngirl.dk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, I always read and reply :)